Due to current social distancing efforts and the closure of campus to stop the spread of Covid-19, Winthrop University Galleries will present the 32nd Annual Undergraduate Juried Exhibition on a virtual platform. This virtual exhibition will give students the chance to showcase and be awarded for their talent, despite the campus and galleries being closed. Mounting this exhibition online opens up new opportunities for students, faculty, and viewers to interact with student work. Not only does a virtual exhibition allow for the presentation of three dimensional and two dimensional work, but it also expands the ability to show digital art, media, websites, and videos. The work will be displayed and promoted on both Instagram and a temporary webpage, and monetary awards will be presented through a virtual opening reception on Instagram Live.
– Currently enrolled students are invited to submit up to four entries to the Google Form between April 6 at 8 a.m. and April 13 at 5 p.m. The submission form can be found at tinyurl.com/UJE32. Jurying will take place April 15. Please submit works using your Winthrop email. Form responses are limited 1 per email, so all entries must be submitted at one time.
– All work must be submitted digitally in a professional manner. Image files should be a jpeg file at 72 dpi and labeled as follows: LastName_Title. Video files, for digital works or 3-dimensional documentation of 3D works, should be an .mp4 file no larger than 720x840px. All entries must have been completed within the past 12 months and while a student enrolled at Winthrop University.
– Collaborative works will count as half an entry for each creator. If submitting a collaborative work, please select the appropriate box on the form and list the co-collaborator.
– All entries may be shared and interacted with on the social media platforms of the Winthrop University Galleries, and other accounts that are affiliated with Winthrop. By submitting to this exhibition, the artist agrees to have their images shared online, with credit given. Winthrop University Galleries are not liable for any unauthorized copying or borrowing of any imagery submitted.
– When preparing for submission please have your image, title, medium, size (in inches, height x width x depth), and year of completion ready to enter.
– The gallery reserves the right to reject any artwork due to inadequate preparation for presentation. The quality of the image submitted enables the juror to assess the quality of your work.
All works selected by the juror will be included on the 32nd Annual Undergraduate Juried Exhibition website and on Instagram @UJEWinthrop April 24 – August 21, 2020. As in the physical exhibition, the juror will choose Merit awards, including a $500 award for Best in Show. Awards chosen by the juror will be announced during the virtual opening reception on April 24 at 5 p.m. on Instagram live.
Open to all Winthrop Fine Arts and Design undergraduate students. Entries must be original works in any art and design media. The juror will be looking for quality work not quantity.